The SkillsBase is a repository of resumes with two distinct kinds of user:
- People with an OpenSkills account who make their capabilities visibile to potential employers, clients or business partners.
- Searchers looking for skilled people to hire or work with.
This is just to note down the essential tasks that are to be supported by the SkillsBase.
These services are available to anyone without charge:
- Find members on the basis of skills
- (Soon) Find members by location (current, desired, work-permitted)
These services are available only to people with an OpenSkills account and who have logged on:
And in the future:
- Edit Resume
- Add an engagement - member captures details of an engagement
- Map engagement to skill - For an engagement, find a skill & link the two
- Manage Visibility - members should be able to hide their engagements from searches
- Edit Skills - add skills to the skills tree & move existing skills around
- Edit Locations - add places to the location tree
- Commendations - can come later, but will involve a member locating the engagement of another member, and commending them for skill(s) associated with that engagement.
- Client commendations - much later (how do we verify clients?)