These are the things that need to be added to the membership management system (MMS).
Here are the things being added to the next version
Here are things for future versions
Please add things you would like to see to this list.
- Have a key fingerprint page that can be simply printed off and taken along to a key signing event. The page would contain as many fingerprint "strips" as would reasoably fit on a single piece of paper (a4 or letter).
- Close account. Closing an account will be as easy as resetting a password. Account holders simply request that the account be closed and they are sent an email message asking them to confirm that they really do want the account to be closed. A link in the email message will take them to a page with confirm / cancel bittons - if the confirm is pressed a final email message will be sent out and the account will be closed. Any information held for that account in other systems will be purged.
- Replace MMSPassword with MMSCredentials. Also remove loginName from MMSName.
- Re-wording the email messages to encourage people to keep their resumes up to date in the SkillsBase. The current emphasis is on encouraging people to subscribe.
- Automate the checking of OpenPGP keys. Really the only check we need to add at this point is whether the key is signed by two other members or not.
- Allow people to remove unused email addresses from their account.
- Run an anual email address confirmation check to help remove defunct accounts. This should work along with a last updated data for resumes in the SkillsBase.