Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top

Agenda for Committee meeting 36

The meeting will start at 18:00 Sydney Time on Wednesday 12th April 2006 venue: The Cohi Bar (upstairs room).

Apologies:

Reports:

Proposals:

Out of courtesy to remote board members no new items are to be raised during the meeting. New or other business must first be raised on the committee or OpenSkills-dev lists.


Minutes



Date:           12th April 2006
Location:       Cohi Bar, Darling Harbour
                Sydney, Australia

Attendees:
                Bruce Badger            (BB)
                Ashley Maher            (AM)
                Anand Kumira            (AK)
                Rob Collins             (RC)
                Justina Badger          (JB)

Apologies:
                Doug Camp
                David Falvey

Absentees:

Agenda:
http://wiki.openskills.org/OpenSkills/Agenda+for+Committee+meeting+36


1. BB declared meeting open at 6:20 pm.

2. Membership numbers update

       Number of Guests:               178 (162 < 134 < 120 < 104)
       Number of Subscribers:           11 (11 <   11 <   8 <   7)
       Number of Members:               29 (28 <   31 <  31 <  29)
       Total number of accounts:       218 (201 < 176 < 159 < 140)
       Delta of *total* vs last month:     17 ( 25 <  17 <  19)

Total Number of accounts with a noted membership date: 39

(This later shows the number of people who have been a member at some
point, but who may be out of status at the moment.)


3. Domain names & trademarks agreement

Bruce posted an overview of OpenSkills finances, summarising where money
comes from and how it is spent.

A proposal for the agreement between Bruce & Justina and OpenSkills has
been published on the OpenSkills-dev mailing list.  No comments have
been received as yet to the list, but private responses to Bruce have
been wholly supportive (i.e. in favor with no problems identified).


4. Member Management System:  mms.openskills.org

The MMS has been running smoothly.  There have been a couple of minor
releases to fix wording, to improve the admin interface a bit and to add
a second "re-enter password" field on the login details edit page.


5. SkillsBase:  skillsbase.openskills.org

No production problems.  The changes allowing people to express part
time engagements and part-time use of skills are in production and have
caused no problems.


6. Effort Tracking system: efforttrack.openskills.org

Very limited progress due to Anand being engaged elsewhere.


7. Mail List Server:  lists.openskills.org

Running smoothly on the whole.  Some unresolved issues with outbound
email, but this may not be a problem at our end.


8. Request Tracker: rt.openskills.org

The trac system is continuing to be used lightly.  Billy is looking at
migrating to a PostgreSQL backend, and anticipates that no data will be
lost in this migration.


9. Wiki:  wiki.openskills.org

Running smoothly.  Stephan Vissers has been very busy updating the pages
in the wiki which are of most immediate interest to people looking at
OpenSkills.  Also, Stephan has revised the pages describing our systems
to have them follow a uniform pattern.


10. Jabber:  jabber.openskills.org

Running smoothly.


11. Mail:  smtp.openskills.org

Running smoothly.


12. Marketing & Promotion

Bruce has produced the first version of the first screen cast in a
series that will show how various OpenSkills related activities are
done.  The first is on joining up.  Next will be creating and OpenPGP
key.  More will follow.

Bruce is also working on a tri-fold brochure for OpenSkills.

The pins for the DevCon this year have been delayed!  They will probably
catch up with Bruce in Toronto, so the people in SF will miss out (but
we can mail some out later).


13. RC mentioned that a compelling website would attract people, so the 
board might need to do something about the wiki going forward.  BB 
suggested taking this offline for discussions after the committee 
meeting.  RC agreed.


14. Financial Report

Income: Membership Fees         AUD  100.72
Expenses:                       AUD    4.00
Net                             AUD   96.72
Balance                         AUD 1363.69


15. BB proposed that the committee agree the minutes of the previous 
meting.  RC seconded.  All present in favour.


16. Next meeting date to be Wed 10th May 2006 via Jabber.  Time to be 
decided and announced later.  (Most board members will be overseas at 
the time.)  BB proposed.  RC seconded.  All present in favour.


17. BB declared meeting closed at 6:40 pm


Summary of Action Items (brought forward from last meeting):
1.RC to post on dev-list question on how key status impact member status.
2.RC to review Squid config file.
3.AM to write a report on LCA and post to the committee list.
4.DF to post to dev-list re: discussion of domain names & trademarks 
agreement

Next Meeting:
    10th May 2006 via Jabber
    Board members in Sydney at the time can meet at Cohi Bar, Darling 
Harbour


Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top