Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top

Agenda for Committee meeting 34

The meeting will start at 18:00 Sydney Time on Wednesday 8th February 2006 venue back bar of the James Squire Brewhouse.

Apologies:

Reports:

Proposals:

The OpenSkills trademark and the OpenSkills.org domain name are held personally by Bruce Badger, and made available to the association under the following agreement:

The association will pay 2% of all subscription fees and charges paid to the association for the use of the trademark and domain name. Donations made to the association are excluded.

Members may use the trademark only in the ways specified by the OpenSkills committee (board) and agreed with Bruce.

The arrangement is renewable annually, and payment will be due annually in arrears within 90 days of the anniversary of the foundation of the OpenSkills association.

The arrangement can not be unilaterally withdrawn or changed, nor can a renewal request be denied.

Out of courtesy to remote board members no new items are to be raised during the meeting. New or other business must first be raised on the committee or OpenSkills-dev lists.


Minutes


OpenSkills Committee Meeting Minutes

Date:          8th February 2006
Location:      James Squire Brewhouse
               Sydney, Australia

Attendees:
               Bruce Badger            (BB)
               Rob Collins             (RC)
               Ashley Maher            (AM)
               Justina Badger          (JB)

Apologies:
               Doug Camp
               Dave Falvey
               Anand Kumira

Agenda:
http://wiki.openskills.org/OpenSkills/Agenda+for+Committee+meeting+34


Meeting Summary:
1. BB declared meeting open at 6:05 pm.

2. Membership numbers update
       Number of Guests:         134 (120 <- 104)
       Number of Subscribers:     11 (  8 <-   7)
       Number of Members:         31 ( 31 <-  29)
       Total number of accounts: 176 (159 <- 140)

Total Number of accounts with a noted membership date: 38

(This later shows the number of people who have been a member at some point, but who may be out of status at the moment.)

3. PROPOSED: That the committee agree the minutes of the previous meeting
AM proposed.  BB seconded.  All attendees in favour.

4. Domain names & trademarks agreement

PROPOSED: that the following be the agreement between Bruce Badger and the association be adopted:

The OpenSkills trademark and the OpenSkills.org domain name are held personally by Bruce Badger, and made available to the association under the following agreement:

"The association will pay 2% of all subscription fees and charges paid to the association for the use of the trademark and domain name. Donations made to the association are excluded.

Members may use the trademark only in the ways specified by the OpenSkills committee (board) and agreed with Bruce.

The arrangement is renewable annually, and payment will be due annually in arrears within 90 days of the anniversary of the foundation of the OpenSkills association.

The arrangement can not be unilaterally withdrawn or changed, nor can a renewal request be denied."

RC raised a concern about the last paragraph.  All agreed to not proceed
with the proposal this meeting to discuss further.

5. Contracts, SOW & NDA
No progress from last committee meeting.

6. Member Management System:  mms.openskills.org

The system has been stable in production.

People can now add new email addresses and nominate the email address.

New email addresses are confirmed by sending out an email with a confirmation link that must be followed to enable the address.  Any verified email address can be nominated as the current address, but the address must be a uid on the current OpenPGP key to maintain membership status.

Most MMS batch actions are now running automatically.  The only exception is the action to create an initial account.

If an attempt to encrypt an outbound email message fails, the system sends the message unencrypted.

7. SkillsBase.  skillsbase.openskills.org
No production problems.
Work is underway on availability information and being able to specify details about skills usage, i.e. experience level and notes on how a skill has been used.

8. Effort Tracking system: efforttrack.openskills.org
The next steps here are to get the version control system set up to make the code available to those who wish to work on the project.  Jocelyn has been unable to do admin work of late, so Anand is likely to step in to get the version control system and other development support tools in place.

9. Mail List Server:  lists.openskills.org
Running smoothly.

10. Request Tracker: rt.openskills.org
This project is still in the planning stages.  Billy has a couple of candidate solutions in mind, and will be starting work on deploying one over the next month.

11. Wiki:  wiki.openskills.org
Running smoothly.  The wiki was vandalised a couple of times this month, but the attacks look like manual one-offs rather than bots.  The fix has been straight forward, so no development work is called for at this stage.

12. Jabber:  jabber.openskills.org
Running smoothly.  The host running the jabber service (parrot) was unavailable for a few hours after the physical host failed.  parrot has been moved to a new physical host.

13. Mail:  smtp.openskills.org
Running smoothly.

14. General
The general state of the administration of our host machines is improved as the administrators (Anand, Barry, Billy, Jocelyn and Bruce) have, ah, debated a number of issues.

15. System Backup Test
No progress reported, but SG still is working on getting this going.

16. Financial Report

Income: Membership Fees         AUD   29.47
Expenses:
  Services:eGive:Fees           AUD    4.00
  ASIC late filing fee          AUD  270.00
  Accountant fee                AUD  176.00
Net                             AUD -420.53
Balance                         AUD 1212.37

Note: the balance is that shown on statement 30 less the ASIC and accountant fees which I wanted to present this month.

17. Marketing & Promotion
Caroline Thomas has produced the report from the brainstorming last year.  We should have the final version soon.

18. Date of the next meeting to be 8th March 2006, 6:00 pm.  The venue will be the Cohi Bar in Darling harbour.

19. Actions from last committee meeting:

a. RC to post on dev-list question on how key status impact member status
No progress.  Will carry forward to next committee meeting.

b. RC to review Squid config file.  Sent by BB on 12th Jan.
RC had a quick look and it seem ok.  However, RC would like to take a more detailed look.  Carried forward to next committee meeting.

c. RC to coordinate a list of groups put off by James Squire Brewhouse's
new charging cost for the projector room.
Has done some coordination.  Since Cohi Bar is OK as the next venue, action discharged.

20. AM met a Google representative met during LCA who subsequently sent an email to the OpenSkills admin list regarding job opportunities at Google.  AM let committee know that the he received an email from the representative to please confirm that the email has been forwarded to the list.
BB said he has done that and AM could reply.

21. AM asked if the committee would like to hear his summary of the LCA.
RC proposed that AM put a write-up on the committee list.  JB seconded.

21. BB declared meeting closed at 6:40 pm


Summary of Action Items:
1.RC to post on dev-list question on how key status impact member status
2.RC to review Squid config file.
3.AM to write a report on LCA and post to the committee list.


Next Meeting:
    6:00 pm, 8th March 2006, Cohi Bar, Darling Harbour


Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top