Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top

Agenda for Committee meeting 19

The meeting will start at 19:00 Sydney Time on Wed 13th October 2004.

Apologies from:

Matters:


OpenSkills Committee Meeting Minutes

OpenSkills Committee Meeting Minutes

Date:		13th October 2004, 7:30 pm
Location:	62/1 Murray St
		Pyrmont
		Australia
Attendees:
		Bruce Badger		(BB)
		Justina Badger		(JB)
		Rob Collins		(RC)
		David Falvey		(DF)
		Stuart Guthrie		(SG)
Absentees:
		Doug Camp
		Paul de Botton		(PxB)
		Ashley Maher		(AM)


Agenda:
1.Agree last minutes
2.COM stuff
3.ORG stuff
4.NET stuff
5.Treasury stuff
6.Other


Actions from last meeting (29 Sep 2004):
1.BB and RC to ask for members' interest in OpenSkills business cards.
Done.
2.BB to discuss Jeff Waugh on his investigation on social contract for Ubuntu.
Done.
3.BB to create Wiki page to catalog benefits, obligations, etc of moving the Association to a Company Limited by Gaurantee.
Wiki page to include the mechanism (e.g. how many members need to be at the special general meeting).
Done.
4.PxB to email RC the use case specs for the Membership Management System.
Done.
5.BB to let RC know the URL for Bytemark (the company that hosts the virtual machines for OpenSkills)
Done.
6.SG to manage the collection of membership fees until the Membership Management system is ready to take over.
In progress.


Meeting Summary:
1.SG and RC jointly proposed that minutes to be accepted and accepted.

2.No response from the list re: RC's note to the list on business cards.
RC will follow up with another post on the list.

3.BB met with Jeff Waugh to discuss the OpenSkills social contract, and the plan to have an umbrella contract backed up with SOW's.  Jeff felt this was a good way of doing things, and that he would give more feedback as it occurred to him.  Regarding Canonical and the possible use of OpenSkills and the SkillsBase as a resource pool it seems there is no resistance to the idea, but no concrete progress either yet.

4.RC proposed that the number of "current financial members" be reported at future committee meetings.
BB seconded.

5.90 members on the list.  High watermark = 1008.
BB to post on the committee list the number of "current financial members".

6.BB spoke to Jeff regarding the concept of a social contract for OpenSkills members and what he thought.  Jeff seemed to be comfortable with that.
BB will speak to Jeff again with more specific questions: e.g. What is the process?  What are the issues, if any?

7.BB created a new page on the wiki regarding benefits of moving the Association to a Company Limited by Guarantee.
Committee agreed that the benefits justify the move.

8.DF proposed that the next committee meeting is immediately held prior to the Special General Meeting.  The next committee meeting will be on the regular scheduled date (10th November 2004) at 6:30 pm.
SG seconded.

9.BB to send out a note to the member list regarding the Special General Meeting, to start at 7:30 pm.
Proxy votes must be in by the close of the previous day (9th Nov 2004).

10.BB proposed that every committee member read the new Constitution of OpenSkills.
RC seconded.

11.BB proposed to defer the discussion of the "trademark agreement between Bruce Badger and OpenSkills" for now.
RC suggested to take it off the agenda until it is ready to be discussed.
BB agreed.

12.SkillsBase feedback:
- text handling (e.g. Use of html in engagement description)
- how to enter a skill that is used part of the time in an engagement (rather than during the entire engagement)
- allow users to enter an objective, if desired

13.Membership Management System:
RC cannot contibute any code to the system unless it is open-source due to restrictions on his employment contract.  He is happy to help with documenting and organizing.
BB proposed that he'll work on the project with AM and RC.

14.Effort Tracking System:
Host machine has been set-up.  Dave Naesby will be deploying the system onto the machine.

15.Financials of OpenSkills being audited by accountant.

16.BB to send email to the member list regarding membership renewal.

17.RC moved for DF and SG to generate a GPG key, bring their fingerprints and proof of Ids to the next committee meeting.
BB seconded.

18.BB related to the committee regarding a feedback on the 3 domain names (.com, .org, .net).  Feedback is that it is confusing.  Would be better if all 3 domain names point to the same website.
For now, all 3 URLs will re-direct to the .com home page.


Action List:
1.BB to follow up with Jeff Waugh regarding the process of forming a social contract for Ubuntu and any issues encountered.
2.BB to post to the member list regarding the Special General Meeting.
3.BB to post to the committee list the "current financial members".
4.RC to post onto the dev list re: search requirement use cases for SkillsBase.
5.BB to send mail to members regarding membership renewal.
6.DF and SG to generate GPG keys


Next Meeting:
	6:30 pm, 10th Nov, James Squire Brewhouse


Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top